Top 8 Most Demanding Goat Varieties for Meat & Milk.
Benefits of goat Farming.
- Most of the banks offer loans for goat rearing.
- with just 1, you can Started goat Farming which can be gradually increased to a herd.
- Goat milk contains small fat globules that are easily digested.
- Goats usually start milking at 18 to 20 months of age.
- Goats have a more bitter taste than other animals. Therefore, they eat almost all types of plants that other animals do not eat.
- Goat dung is also rich in nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. Hence, it is an excellent organic fertilizer.
- Mutton or goat meat is in great demand and there is no religious ban on it. Additionally, goat meat is lean meat and is low in cholesterol.
- They can live in almost all types of weather conditions.
Best Goat Breeds in India | Best goat breed in India
- This caste is native to North Kerala. Malabari Goat
- It has good quality skin.
- Their average production is 10 to 3 kg of milk per day.
- The quality of this meat is Average.
- Fun is done once a year with twins and triplets
- The average Milk Of Production per lactation is 65-68 kg.
- The average lactation time is 175 days.
2. Beetle Goat
- They are mainly found in the Northern Region of Punjab.
- They are generally smaller than the Jamunapari caste.
- Their average milk Production is 150-155 kg.
- Max to max Production is 595 kg during a lactation period of 180days.
- Beetle goat breeds are mostly raised for milk and meat.
- An adult male goat weighs between 75 kg and an adult female goat weight between 55kg
- They have the capacity to give 1 to 2 kg of milk per day.
3. Barbary goat
- They are found in states like Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, and Haryana.
- Barbary is a prolific breeder.
- They can give birth Delivery to 2-3 children.
- They are usually stall-fed and can produce 10 to 1.50 kg of milk.
- This type of Goat breed is mainly raised for milk and meat purposes.
- Barbara’s breed has a milk yield of 1-1.5 kg per day.
- This type of goat usually gives birth twice at an interval of 12 – 15 months
- These kinds of breeds have very good fertility.
4 Goat on the Jamuna | jamunapari goat
- Probably you can find this variety in Bihar & Uttar Pradesh
- This kind of goat is of large size, tall and stocky, with convex facial lines and large folded pendulous ears.
- Jamunapari grows well in a variety of conditions with plenty of shrubs for browsing.
- They have a milk yield of 2 to 3 kg per day.
- A mature male goat weighs 70 kg to 80 kg and a female goat weighs 45 kg to 65 kg.
5. Osmanabadi goat
- It’s Mainly found in, Osmanabad, Parbhani, Ahmednagar, Solapur, and the Latur State of Maharashtra.
- An Average Production is up to 4-5 kg per day & Average milk Production is 175-190 kg.
- The average age of a goat at first kidding is 20-22 months.
- It has very nice quality meat.
6. Black Bengal Goat | indian goats
- It is the most useful among other Indian goat breeds.
- Black Bengal skin is in high demand for making high-quality shoes.
- This kind of goat can give Multiple births at a time & are very common for them
- The average weight of a buck is up to 15-18 kg and a doe is a upto12-15kg.
- The average milk Produced by a Black Bengal is 55 kg.
7. Sirohi goat | goats variety
- Normally this type of Goat can be found in the states of Uttar Pradesh &Rajasthan.
- The average age of first kidding is 19-20 months.
- The normal body weight of a buck is 50 kg and that of a doe is 23 kg.
- Birth occurs once a year and Mostly two cubs birth is common.
- Their average milk production is up to 75 kg.
8. Tellicherry Goat
- They are also known as the Malabari caste & It’s Probably found in the southern state of Kerala.
- They are grown mainly for meat purposes.
- An adult male weighs up to 55 kg & an adult female weighs up to 45 kg.
- This kind of Breed can give an avg of 2-3kg of milk per day.
- The fertility of this breed is better than others.
You can refer to these two below variety additionally.
9 Kanni Aadu Goat | goat breeding in India
- This type of Goat is very tall apart from other goat breeds found in the Thirunelveli & Ramanadhapuram Region of Tamil Nadu.
- They can be grown well in drought areas of the country
- Their Quality is very Nice & are generally Grown for meat purposes.
10. Kodi aadu Goat | goats in india
- Probabaly it can found in Ramanadhapuram , Sivagangai, and Tuticorin State of Tamil Nadu.
- This Kind of Goat is taller than other goats and It can be found in Various colors.
- They are raised for the purpose of guiding herds of goats to pasture.
- They normally give birth to 2 or 3 cubs At a time.
You Can read this too