Peach farming | Peach Cultivation methods Step-by-step
Peach farming, cultivation methods in a Step-by-step guide
Today we are going to learn about Peach Fruit Cultivation, Peach Propagation Methods, Cultivation Methods, Peach Plant Care, Peach Fruit Yield, and Harvest Process. how to prepare a peach seed for planting, planting peach seeds,
Introduction to Peach Fruit | Peach farming:
Peach is a cold-season crop grown mainly in Meghalaya. This fruit is cultivated all over the country after bringing less cool varieties. Peach fruit is used as a fresh or processed fruit. The world’s most producer of peaches in China
Climate required for peach production:
Peach fruit can be grown in a wide range of climates. These plants are more tolerant of hot climates than other hardy fruits. Peach crop prefers a clean and warm climate during the fruiting season. It takes about 24 degrees Celsius to ripen the fruit.
Preparation of soil and pits for peach cultivation:
Half-moon terraces of 1-meter diameter and contour lines should be constructed. Pits of size 0.75 m x 0.75 m x 0.75 should be dug at a distance of 5m x 5 m. the size of pits Must be filled 10 to 12 Cm above the ground level. In top 30 cm soil mix 20 kg manure, 125 g MOP, 125 g urea, 250 g SSP, and 25 g chlorpyrifos.
Soil Requirement for Peach Growing:
Peach fruit crops can be grown in large-scale soil. However, deep sandy loam soil rich in organic matter is best for its cultivation. This fruit crop has good soil drainage as it is very sensitive to water retention. This fruit crop grows well in foothills, high hills, and mid-hills.
Propagation and spacing of peach plants:
In peach fruit farming, propagation is done by rootstock and grafting.
Grafting of peach plants | Peach farming | planting peach seeds,
The 1-year rootstock should be cut about 5 cm diagonally at 20 cm above ground level. The second lower cut should start from the top of the 2 cm long diagonal cut by 2/3. This will create a tongue-like structure on the rootstock. A similar cut should match the cut on the rootstock at the bottom of the lineage.
Increase rootstock for peaches | peach plantation,
To increase rootstock, it is propagated by seeds. These seeds should be kept in sand (in moist condition) for 3 months for stratification. Seeds should be treated with Theoria (5 g / liter water) and GA3 (200 mg / liter water) for good germination and vigor. Peach seeds should be sown at a depth of 5 cm and at a distance of 12-15 cm. Keep a distance of 20 cm in the row. The sown beds should be lightly watered and covered with dry grass. The best sowing season is October-November.
Best planting season for peaches | how to prepare a peach seed for planting | how do you prepare peach seeds for planting:
June to August (the rainy season) is the best time to plant peaches. If it is dry after planting in the field, light watering should be given. Under irrigated conditions can be planted in December and January.
Irrigation requirements for peach plants:
Water immediately after planting. These plants do not need to be watered during the rainy season. Best Method of Efficient Use of Water is Drip irrigation. In case of dryness, water at some critical stage. Watering is important during flowering / fruiting stage and fruit development stage.
Fertilizer and fertilizer requirements for peach plants:
- Fertilizers and fertilizers in peach orchards are as follows: Field yard fertilizers should be applied in December and January with MOP and SSP. Apply urea 2 weeks before bud burst.
Peach pruning and training:
The peach crop requires regular and large pruning as fruiting occurs only on the previous season’s growth. Newly planted peach trees should be cut to a height of about 35 inches. Choose about 4 sides at equal distances with wide-angle crochets. Pruning should be done in the last week of October. Frequent removal of linear shoots and water shoots under the cuttings.
How to control weeds in the peach garden:
Hand weeding should be done early in the planting season. In peach fruit farming, herbicides can be used to control weeds
What can be grown in peach trees | peach cultivation:
Intercropping is always beneficial, in peach fruit farming, the following crops grow well as intercrops.
- Peach plants -> Chili, Ginger, French beans, Urad dal, and any vegetable crops. This can be done up to the pre-fruiting stage.
Pests and diseases of peach plants and methods of control:
- Aphids: To Avoid this pest, spray Monocrotophos @ 2.5 ml/liter in water 1 week before flowering.
- In general, the incidence of pests and diseases on this fruit tree is low. The following control measures should be taken in case of pests and diseases.
- Powdery mildew: For control of this disease spray Sulfax @ 2. gm/liter mixed with water.
- Shothol: For control of this disease, Captan should be sprayed with 2 gm/liter of water (fungicide).
- Stem Borer: For control of this pest spray Monocrotophos mixed with @ 2.5m1 / liter of water. Remove and destroy infected tree branches.
When and how to harvest peaches:
Peach fruits will be ready for harvest when they take on a good color with firm skin. These harvested fruits are good for the export market. However, if they are used topically, they can be removed at maturity. Fruits can be harvested by hand by turning. April to May is the best harvesting season for peach fruit cultivation.
Health Benefits of Peach Fruit:
Following are some of the health benefits of peach fruit.
- Peach fruit helps maintain skin health.
- Peach fruit helps in eye health.
- Peach fruit can improve heart health.
- Improved varieties of peaches in India:
- Shan-e-Punjab, TA-170, from Sharbati & Florida
- due to its high fiber content in Peach fruit helps to weight loss
- Peach fruit can control high cholesterol.
- Peach fruit can help prevent cancer.
Peach Fruit Production:
Production always depends on agricultural management methods and the type of seed and soil. In peach fruit farming, an average of 20 to 25 kg of fruit/tree can be expected from a 2 to 3-year-old tree.
You Can read this too