How to Grow Potatoes, Growing Potatoes, Demand, Income when to harvest potatoes
How To Grow Potatoes Easy, Growing Potatoes
As you know guys here our main aim to clear the picture of exact farming, is it profitable or not? We will discuss about potato farming, and here you might have below list of the question so no worry, you will come to know the all below list of question including potato farming/ potato cultivation techniques
- How long does it take to farm potatoes?
- How many potatoes do you get per acre OR hectare?
- Is growing potatoes profitable?
- How much does a potato farmer make?
- how to potato farming
- How many potatoes will one plant produce? -min 10 max
- How do I know when my potatoes are ready to harvest?
- How much do potatoes sell for?
- What is the per acre income from potato farming?
- when to harvest potatoes? refer the below table to understand more deeply
- how to grow potatoes? here you understand the complete details
- when to plant potatoes? refer the below table to understand more deeply
- growing potatoes?here you understand the complete details
- how to plant potatoes? you can jump on point to read more about it
Potato Planting Material and Sowing Time for potato cultivation & when to plant potatoes
Its safe high production, it’s essential to plant the potatoes at an optimum time. the simplest time of planting is when the utmost and minimum temperatures are from 29°C to 31°C and 17°C to 21°C, respectively; planting period for various potato growing different regions is given below
Ste-by step how to plant potatoes
- If you’re planning to cutting up potato pieces for planting, do so 1-2 days before time. This may give them the prospect to make a protective layer, both for moisture retention and falloff resistance.
- Plant seed potatoes cuts pieces of the entire potato or a complete potato, with a minimum of 2-3 eyes per piece) 2 weeks after last spring fogs.
- You start planting earlier, as soon as soil are often worked, but remember that some of the crops are going to be ruined by a fogs
- Plant seed potatoes one foot apart during a 5-inch deep trench, eye are always up side
- Spread and blend in organic compost within the bottom of the channel before planting
- Potatoes are best grown in rows. To start with, dig a trench that’s 7-9 inches deep. Plant each Cut potato with the eyes direction upside not more than every 10-12 inches dip, with the rows spaced 2.5-3 feet
- Depending upon your potato size requirement if you are planning to grow only baby potatoes, you’ll have decrease the spacing between plants. To start with only fill the ditch in with 5 inches of soil.
- Let the plants start to grow within the trench and even mound the soil round the plants as they still growing. Remove any weeds and make loosen the soil by cultivating the soil which result plants to become more established quickly
In India different region having the different planting and harvesting time for potato farming or potato cultivation techniques
when to plant potatoes
|Land wise||Ideal Time potato farming|
|Region||when to plant potatoes (Planting time)||when to harvest potatoes (Harvesting time)|
|North – East Side||Mid March- May mid||Mid SEP- OCT mid|
|North – west Side||Mid JAN- FEB mid||Mid Jul – Aug mid|
|South Side||Mid March- May mid||Mid SEP- OCT mid|
|Mid SEP- OCT mid||Mid DEC- JAN mid|
|Mid JAN- FEB mid||Mid May- June mid|
|Mid SEP- OCT mid||Mid DEC- JAN mid|
|Mid DEC- JAN mid||Mid March- May mid|
|Mid OCT- NOV mid||Mid FEB- March mid|
|high slope land||May – June||SEP- OCT|
|NOV- DEC||MARCh – April|
potato cultivation techniques
Soil requirement for Potato Plantation
If he soil is very well drained soil then Potatoes will grow fast oil, but exception is potatoes doesn’t like water-logged soil. Because potatoes are growing underground, and if the soil is loose loamy soil then they will expand more easily than sticky water-logged soil compacted, so you should understand how to grow potatoes or when to plant potatoes
Cinnamon farming, Care, Process, Income
Irrigation system for Potato Crop / how to plant potatoes
Having irrigation system for potato farming is good as it keep your potato vines green throughout the summer, especially during the period when the plants are start to flowering. During this flowering period, the plants are generating their tubers and steady water system is crucial to good crop production
The main thing is potatoes is you should know how to plant potatoes because it need consistently moisturize climate, so have a water regularly when flower tubers start to make Potatoes, also make sure 2-3 inches of water like rain per week with drip irrigation system. When the leafs turns to yellow and begins to die down , stop giving watering. Because this may help start curing the potatoes for harvest. Farmers will get more production or increase potato yield if they used Drip irrigation.
Crop Rotation is very important in potato farming, after taking production of potato two time switch your product on the same land so you should know how to plant potatoes
Pests and maintenance in Potato Plantation & when to plant potatoes
Most of the time black and yellow “potato bug”, a very familiar small insect, and it is the most serious pest of potatoes. Both the adult, or beetle, 1) Aphids 2) Leaf Hoppers 3) Flea Beetles and the black-spotted, red larva feed on potato leaf. Their damage can greatly reduce production and even kill plants.
Natural Fertilizer Manure for Potato Plants
Potatoes required sort of a slightly acidic soil, around 5.1 pH but with proper care it has ability to grow during a range from 5.1 to 7. Common potato scab are often dies if the soil pH levels are on the alkaline or pH above 7
If you are able to manage animal manures, or composted manures are the simplest. Nutrient quality and quantities can vary tons, with the age and storage method being two of the foremost important.
Manure application for Potato Plants: when to plant potatoes
If you added Manures then this is the best soil in the fall before planting to allow the soil micro worm time to do their job well to loosed soil, and convert it into usable nutrients. You can spread the manure all over the surface.
Harvesting Potatoes & when to harvest potatoes
- If anyone farming for baby potatoes they can harvest baby potatoes 2-3 weeks after the plants have stopped their flowering slightly dig round the plants to get rid of potatoes, being careful to not be too disturbing while attempting to remove the most important new potatoes and leave the smaller ones in order that they can still grow.
- When leaves turn yellow and dry that means its gives signal potato has reached at the proper stage of Maturity and can be harvested
- If emergency market requirement harvesting can be done but you will get slightly low weight potato production
- If you want to start harvesting the farming potatoes then make sure cut the plant 1 week before and then start harvesting
- While removing or harvesting potato care should be taken in such way without damaging potatoes
- Once you harvest all of the farming potatoes sort of all healthy and damage/diseased potatoes
- And healthy Potatoes can go to market for sale depending on size or grade of potatoes
- And remaining potatoes can be reused for re-planting in potato farming
How much Potatoes production do you get per acre OR hectare when to harvest potatoes
Production of potato varies from a variety from variety season of planting and care taken during cultivation.
- Production of potatoes with proper guidance and maintenance can yield depending on the land if the land Is hilly slop then up to 3000 KG(3 tons) and in plain land can be get up to 10,000 KG (10 tons)
- Will see it in below case ( all our profit calculation based on per acre only)
Potato production average 10,000 KG (10 tons) per acre
Per Kg Price in market 25 KG * 10,000 Production = RS. 2, 50,000 per acre
Now if you direct contact with any big wafer company like Balaji, lays and other diamond kind of Wafer Company or any other finished product company you will little good price as compared to market price, where you can at least exclude your expenses from that
- The general income of a farmer, if he is farming potatoes for processing units, is Rs 5.5 lakh a hectare. If you are a good farmer which proper taken care of potatoes then at least Rs 2 – 2.5 lakh an acre without tax income.
Store Your Potatoes
Since our Potatoes are grown outside, I kept them in the Cool place. Why should keep in cool place? Because potatoes will only survive if they are placed somewhere cool place, but not freezing or too much cold. it doesn’t cool off until the outside temperatures plunges to 45° at night. So harvest time for us is usually a sunny day in end of the October month.
How to plant potatoes in a box or bag
Growing potatoes in a large plastic bag filled with manure and compost or potting mix like cow dung etc. Use any kind of packing material or bag at least 20 inches deep with 13-15 inch wide for structural stability. in that case make sure it didn’t collapse before the end of season, I used a second box inside the first.
First Prepare seed potatoes for planting: If your seed potato is small ball size or even smaller you can directly plant it whole in bag or pot. if its Larger than small ball then you will need to cut it into pieces that have 3 or 4 eyes each pieces. and then Fill the bag or pot with mixer soil and plant the potatoes 3 to 5 inches deep. don’t put too much deep as their tubers are sensitive.
Fish Farming Business plan | New start-up
Demand & growth of Potato world wide up 2024
Read More – Kiwi Farming, Kiwi fruit Planting, Kiwi Fruit Cultivation
9 thoughts on “How To Grow Potatoes Easy, Growing Potatoes,Demand,Income,when to harvest potatoes”
Comments are closed.